Dear valued and loved Clients,
Nordic House Spa will be shutting down temporarily in accordance with CAMTC (California Massage Therapy Board) and The CA Health-board. While I was still open for business as of yesterday, these announcements came in just this morning. I do this to protect you, your family, and all your loved ones.
Here at Nordic House spa, I sometimes work with people who are immune compromised, and I would not want to pass a serious virus as the COVID19 onto anyone.
I will be cancelling all appointments the next 2 weeks, and from there I will take it week by week following directions of CAMTC and the health board.
I am truly sorry if this means I am cancelling an appointment on you with such a short notice, and may have to cancel further more appointments the following weeks.
I will do my best to get you back on the books as soon as this all blows over and I get green light to resume business as normal.
You should be receiving cancellation notice as the days go on.
If you have any questions feel free to reach out.
In the meantime, to take care of you and your aches and pains, here are a few wonderful things you can do in the comfort of your own home.
1. Take warm baths, add some Epson salt, maybe your favorite essential oil.
2. Dry brush your skin this video is done with hands, but you can use a dry brush or even a glove " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTGqYOKOvfU" to boost that immune response. Activating the lymphatic system for anyone is a good idea. To my Cancer survivors and lymphies, remember your sequences to not push fluid into your compromised regions. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9FP6AHj9Eo&list=PLC1XUCAD8h-60L97_yVA1RFKpP9_phzyq&index=23
3. Do some gentle yoga, get that stretching done you never have time for. I personally love Adriene on Youtube “https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene” she has some amazing videos for any level. New or avid yogi.
4. Meditate. It’s hard to keep your head cool- anxiety, stress and panic hit us all in these trying times. Whether it’s constant change, the kids being home, or the news being scary, find moments to calm your mind and center yourself. Practice Mindfulness.
5. The Nordic house approach “hygge.” Hygge takes away the stress of being perfect; you don’t have to be the best at anything or attempt to do all the above suggestions all the time. Instead, pick what makes you happy and enjoy the moment in which you did it, even when it’s not perfect. Take time to read with the kids, bake cookies, drink tea and play cards (might want to sanitize those), look at the rain, pet your dog. But mostly, enjoy the small things in life.
With love and kindness – see you soon.
Nordic house spa